Woodlands Gallery is a commercial gallery representing a select group of contemporary Canadian artists from emerging to established career levels. We accept artists’ work on consignment, keeping a commission when the artwork is sold and sending payment to the artist after the sale is final.
Our Supplementary Artists Program (SAP) features emerging artists from Manitoba for a limited engagement, providing them with gallery exposure and building on our mandate to support Canadian artists. This program also gives our clientele the opportunity to survey and purchase work from local artists who are not (or not yet) on our roster of artists.
Are you a local emerging artist looking for gallery exposure, but you don’t quite meet all the criteria for our Gallery Artists Submissions?
Apply to be a Woodlands Gallery SAP-ling!
SAP Submissions are accepted by email only and reviewed periodically throughout the year. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we may not have the opportunity to respond to each one. Selected artists may be chosen to participate in solo, duo or group SAP exhibitions in which we try to host one or two annually.
- Must live in Manitoba
- Must be an emerging artist
- Must provide well-photographed examples of work
An Ideal Applicant:
- Has or could work towards a body of 10-15 works that are polished, cohesive, and follow a theme or concept
- Has little or no experience showing their work in commercial art galleries, but would like the opportunity
- Considers their artwork complimentary to our existing roster of Gallery Artists
Selected Artists Will Gain:
- Professional experience and mentorship working with a commercial gallery
- A curated exhibition of their work, including an exhibition statement
- Guidance on how to sustainably price their work
- Exposure to our extensive client-base and potential sales through the gallery
- Promotion via the gallery’s email lists, website and social media
If you are interested in being considered for our Supplementary Artists Program (SAP), please send email submissions to email@example.com
Please use the subject line “Your Name, SAP Submission” and include the following.
- Cover Letter or Statement about why you’d like to be considered for SAP
- 6 to 10 Images of Recent Work, completed within the last year
Please also include any of the following if available, even in draft form. We can work with selected SAP artists to further develop these components.
- Artist Biography
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Current Retail Price List, of unframed works
- Links to Website and Social Media